- Air Guns
- Asian Apparel
- Asian Tableware
- Custom T-Shirts With Designs
- Decorative Items
- Fans of the Orient
- Feng Shui Items
- FITNESS ITEMS
- Kids Martial Arts Item
- Ninja Items
- Nunchakus (Nun Chucks) This Item Cannot Ship to the Following States: NY, MA, CA, VA, DE, KS, IL, IN
- Oriental Health
- Oriental Subjects
- Scents and Aromas
- Self Defense This Item Cannot Ship to the Following States: NY, MA, CA, VA, DE, KS, IL, IN
- SPARRING EQUIPMENT
- Throwing Stars This Item Cannot Ship to the Following States: NY, MA, CA, VA, DE, KS, IL, IN
- TOY GUNS
- USEFUL RANDOM ITEMS
- Vinyl Decals
Asian decor is fast becoming one of the most popular ways to decorate a home. The clear, crisp, spacious effect of Asian decor is obvious when you look at a Japanese garden or the inside of a Chinese temple. Asian decor is not just about placing Asian-themed designs and products in a room, but about spacing, color and proper alignment. Most people refer to this ancient Asian art as Feng Shui, which dates back over 5,000 years.
The goal of Asian decor, as defined by Feng Shui is to arrange or decorate a room or home in a way that produces balance, serenity, beauty and comfort. When done in the right way, such a practice will positively impact attitude, prosperity and health. For example, instead of cramming a wall or space with many objects, which produces a cluttered effect, Asian teaching tells us to try using only one or two objects in the same space. The blank spaces or white walls around the objects will make them stand out more and create a spacious effect.
Many of the products sold on Ninja Gear can be used to create an Asian decor theme. Try placing a large dragon picture on a side wall (instead of many paintings or photographs), or floor vase in one corner of a room with nothing else around it. Placing a wall scroll on a single wall is also a good way to create a balanced Asian decor theme. For additional enhancement, try adding a few plants around the room, or even an oriental plate to create a calming environment.
However you decide to decorate your home, the following simple guidelines can help you create the ultimate Asian environment:
- Throw away the clutter and try to begin decorating from an open and spacious room.
- Do not place decorative objects too close to each other (unless they are in a sequence for a themed effect.) This allows the decor to be seen and appreciated while creating a spacious look.
- Use colors that make you feel good and that match the color of your room or house.
- Experiment with finding the "right" place for every decorative piece. Plants also need to be put in their own special place. Asians call these places the power spots of the room.
If you are ready to decorate your home in Asian style, or are looking to add to an existing decor, these four simple tips can come in handy. It doesn't take much effort (or a lot of money) to create an ideal room or home when using the timeless principles of Asian decor.